Energy Efficiency Program for Multi-Family Residences
Our program provides equipment replacement and rebates designed to reduce electricity use in apartment and condominium complexes. Property owners and agents may call 1.800.444.5668 to determine if your building is eligible for a free program assessment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Free installation of compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) of up to six fixtures in
- Free installation of low flow aerators, low flow showerheads and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where hot water is heated by electricity
- Incentives up to 50% of the cost of common area lighting upgrades
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- RG&E customers with active electricity service who reside in a qualifying
property or property owners/agents of a qualifying property that has active
RG&E electricity service.
- Residents or owners/agents of apartment and condominium complexes with
five to 50 units per building.
- Lower energy bills for apartment/condominium residents
- Lower energy bills for building owners
Information is also available by calling 1.800.444.5668 or by viewing our frequently asked questions.
All equipment replacements and installations will be performed by RISE Engineering, a contractor representing RG&E.
Rebates are being offered in accordance with a July 2009 New York State Public Service Commission order approving efficiency programs for utilities across the state. The program is funded by the System Benefits Charge on electricity customers’ bills.